This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

DoInstall on WinXP error

3 replies to this topic

galina_kor

galina_kor
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 December 2002 - 18:11

DoInstall returns error on some of WinXP computers, on other Windows platforms it works fine.

if ( DoInstall( SRCDIR ^ SUBFOLDER_FOLIO ^ "Setup.inx", szTargetRootDir ^ SUBFOLDER_FOLIO, WAIT ) != 0 ) then
ErrorMsg( g_szCurrentSetupScript, 3507 );
endif;

Please help!!!!

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 30 December 2002 - 22:02

Are you using IS 6.31?  Because WinXP wasn't officially supported until that release.

You could also try calling this instead:
LaunchAppAndWait( SRCDIR ^ SUBFOLDER_FOLIO ^ "Setup.exe", szTargetRootDir ^ SUBFOLDER_FOLIO, WAIT )
user posted image

galina_kor

galina_kor
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 January 2003 - 21:37

Quote (TacoBell00 @ Dec. 30 2002,21:02)
Are you using IS 6.31?  Because WinXP wasn't officially supported until that release.

You could also try calling this instead:
LaunchAppAndWait( SRCDIR ^ SUBFOLDER_FOLIO ^ "Setup.exe", szTargetRootDir ^ SUBFOLDER_FOLIO, WAIT )

Thank you for your help. I have already done that and it works, but now I have an other error:
IKernel.exe - Application Error
'The instruction at "0x771c741a" referenced memory at "0x00164200". The memory could not be "read". Click OK to terminate the problem.'
This error caused by SdShowMsg function. It also happen only on WinXP SP1.  :0

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 06 January 2003 - 22:20

Okay, but in that case, this additional item would have been better suited to a new post.

Nevertheless, I have successfully used SdShowMsg on WinXP SP1 countless times, so I doubt it's solely that.  Unfortunately IKernel.exe errors are notorious for being the most difficult item to resolve, so good luck to you.

It's either something you've recently changed in your setup application or a bad system.  I would therefore try a totally clean OS and see if you get the same error.
user posted image