This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Events for a Combobox control

2 replies to this topic

nitinp

nitinp
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 00:02

Hello,
I am creating a new dialog box which has a combobox, a text box and an edit box to enter details.

I want to design this as follows:
The combobox which is a dropdown box has 3 options :
1. Standard
2. DNS
3. Load Balanced

And depending on the choice made in the combobox, the text in the text box should contain the appropriate text.

For eg: If standard is chosen in the combobox, the text box should contain "
Enter IP address:"

If DNS is chosen, the text box should contain " Enter DNS address:"
If Load Balanced is chosen, the text box should contain "Enter Load Balanced Network Address"

I tried playing around with the events behavior of these 2 controls but couldn't really figure out how to do this.

If anyone can answer this question and tell me step by step as what has to be done to achieve this, it would be of great help.

Thanks in advance,
Nitin

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 12:19

I'm not sure what events a combo box selection will send. You may need to use a radio group instead.
If you can't change the text of the text box, mabe you can stack 3 text boxes on top of each other, and make only one of them visible depending on the combo box/radio group selection.

nitinp

nitinp
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 19:01

Thanx for the idea Stefan. I did this and it suits our ideas for displaying the items.
Everything works fine now.

Nitin