This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Single .msi file (how to create)

2 replies to this topic

dorelsturm

dorelsturm
  • Full Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 11:06

Hi thre,

I'm using Install Shield 9 to createa a simple basic MSI project installer. At the end install shield creates these files:

setup.exe
setup.ini
Instmsiw.exe
ISScript9.msi
myinstaller.msi
0x0409.ini
Data1.cab

My installer uses MSI Installer 2.0 (Schema is 200) and the product runs only on Windows 2000 and XP. In this case I think I don't need Instmsiw.exe.

My idea is to have only one myInstaller.msi file that packs the data from myInstaller.msi and Data1.cab files.
Is there a utility that merges the Data1.cab and myInstaller.msi into one .msi file?
Or is a way to do this automatically in Install Shield.
What else should I care if I don't use setup.exe, setup.ini, ISScirpt9.msi, instmsiw.exe and 0x0409?

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 14 August 2005 - 10:53

In release wizard select media type "network", "coompress all files", "don't create setup.exe", "don't include msi engine". That should do the trick.

Zweitze

Zweitze
  • Full Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 14 August 2005 - 12:50

Your assumption on MSI is not correct: Windows 2000 comes with Windows Installer 1.1. Windows Installer 2.0 is included in SP4.