This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Prompts for CD

3 replies to this topic

Installer_Noob

Installer_Noob
  • Full Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 22:40

Hello, I've been going at this InstallScript for the first time this past month and searching these helpful forums have been priceless thus far. However I have ran into an issue I have not been able to resolve and would appreciate any help.

Here's my situation:
During my InstallScript installation, I am checking for prerequisites and one being Microsoft Message Queue (MSMQ). To make a long story short, the end-user may have to insert the O/S CD to install MSMQ and here lies the problem. What would be the best way to prompt for a CD? Right now I'm doing a silent install except for this step. The end-user is currently being prompted for the O/S CD but this prompt is being called from a batch file I created. MSMQ will be installed but the actual problem I run into is when I re-insert the InstallScript CD. An annoying message about "another instance is already being run" pops up and I want to get rid of this pop-up. Is there a better way to do this? I really appreciate any help.

-Regards

Maharani

Maharani
  • Full Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 08:02

EnterDisk?

Installer_Noob

Installer_Noob
  • Full Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 17:16

I should have described my situation a little better. I added an autorun.inf that will start installation automatically every time I insert the CD installer. So when I have to enter the O/S CD with the MSMQ files, I then have to re-insert my CD installer and the autorun.inf kicks off a second instance of the CD installer and an annoying message pop-ups. Anyone have any ideas how to properly handle re-inserting an installation CD?

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 12:16

You could have your setup detect that it's already running and exit silently.
Another option might be using my "Smart CD Autorun Launcher"
http://www.installsi...wse.htm#autorun