This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

change directory names

1 reply to this topic

ezrali

ezrali
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 December 2005 - 15:43

Hello,

This is the situation:
I have 2 products - P1 and P2. The difference between them is a single dll. I use a single installation, and use release flag to produce the different products.
The problem is that I want to change the installes directory name to P1 or P2, according to the product.
I can't override the INSTALLDIR property, because the new directory is under the INSTALLDIR ( [INSTALLDIR]/P1 or [INSTALLDIR]/P2 ).
How can I do that in InstallShield 11 premier?

Besides, I want my path to include the version number. Is there a way to change it dynamically, or will I have to change the path for every version that I develop? (I tried that the directory name will be a property or an entry from the string table, and it didn't work).
Example: [INSTALLDIR]/VersionNumber/ProductName.

Thanks.

FrankSpierings

FrankSpierings
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 16:00

Ezrali,

First of all, there are public and private properties. Public properties always need CAPITALS.
You can change your directory structure, as long as the identifier is like a public property (like you modify INSTALLDIR).
But you need to be very carefull with these options, since the path identifiers are relative.
I suggest u read the Installer SDK documentation about the directory table, and the documentation about private and public properties. I believe this will lead you to your goal

Edited by FrankSpierings, 29 December 2005 - 16:03.