This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Feature conditions obsolete?

2 replies to this topic

fegorsch

fegorsch
  • Full Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 14:37

Hello everyone,

I tried installing several features conditionally, based on the target system's bitness (VersionNT, VersionNT64). As this didn't work I had a look into the setup's log and recognized that the ADDLOCAL property included all my features.

A little more research in the IS help got me to this sentence in the section "Condition Table":

The Condition table affects only the installation of features when none of the following properties have been set: ADDLOCAL, ...

I didn't set the ADDLOCAL property, so I assume it is always set automatically during the installation process. I also didn't find a way to change this behaviour.

So, am I right to conclude, that feature conditions can't be used with InstallScript MSI projects, because the ADDLOCAL property is always set?

Regards, Felix

nirbar

nirbar
  • Full Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 14:56

InstallShield sometimes sets ADDLOCAL on the InstallUISequence. This is done in the setup type dialog (custom/typical selection)
Nir Bar - Application packaging expert
nir.bar@panel-sw.co.il

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 15:29

@nirbar: note that this is a InstallScript MSI project, so the InstallScript dialogs most certainly set ADDLOCAL.

@fegorsch try setting the feature selection in your script, using the Feature* functions.