This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Wild card in System Search

3 replies to this topic

Amarjeet

Amarjeet
  • Full Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 07:22

Hi

I want to search a product in registry. As per the version numbering the name varies. But the name starts with "Product".

Can i search the product name with wildcards say " Product*.*".

If not what is other method in Installshield basic msi project.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Amarjeet

Edited by Amarjeet, 24 May 2011 - 07:24.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 14:05

Windows Installer doesn't support wildcards in registry search. So you would have to create a custom action for this purpose. This might be a DLL or an InstallScript function for instance.

Amarjeet

Amarjeet
  • Full Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 07:19

Hi Stefan,

Since this project is installshield basic MSI it does not allow me to use installscript functions when i select new installscript custom action.

Is there any other setting to access installscript functions in basic msi project ?

Can you elaborate by a small example how i can do the same through VB Script ?

Regards.

AMarjeet

Edited by Amarjeet, 25 May 2011 - 07:20.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 14:20

Go to Behaviour and Logic > InstallScript.
Right click "Files" and select New Script file. This will add a setup.rul with a sample function torso. Rename it (or add a new one, remember the export statement) and write your InstallScript code.

Go to Custom Actions and Sequences, right click and select "New InstallScript". From the drop down list select your InstallScript function. Fill in the other parameters as appropriate.