This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Modify setup.ilg

2 replies to this topic

shyam

shyam
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 October 2004 - 19:15

Help required ASAP. Thanks in advance.

What did I do?
---------------
1. I wrote an install for product version 1.0. People installed it on their system.
2. In product version 2.0, we have to move all the DLL/OCX files to a <CompanyName>\CommonFiles folder from its original destination in 1.0 (earlier it was <CompanyName>\<AppName>)

Whats happening?
---------------------
PRB 1. After upgrading to product version 2.0, when people uninstall, it pops Selfregistration error box.
PRB 2. In the maintenance mode, when people choose repair option, it asks for Disk 2. My install was one single setup.exe with everything on one disk.

Any help is appreciated. FYI: I'm using Installshield 6.2
Shyam.

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 14 October 2004 - 00:59

Well I've had very little experience with modifying an existing setup.ilg file, but you can use the ISLogVu.exe utility to get an idea as to the content/layout.

Now I'm assuming v2.0 of the product has alreasy been released? Therefore it's too late to do the right thing and have it unregister those files before moving them -or- require the removal of v1.0 beforehand.

As for the repair problem, I don't really use Maintenance mode, but I'm assuming this is happening because it needs the data2.cab which has all of the real data files. Therefore, make sure this file exists under <ProgramFiles>\InstallShield Installation Information\<ProductGUID>.

By the way, I don't know what you mean by "PRB" when you say "PRB 1." & "PRB 2."
user posted image

shyam

shyam
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 October 2004 - 09:59

Thanks Tacobell!!

PRB means PROBLEM smile.gif

Regarding problem #1 (the self registration error on uninstall), as you suggested, i am actually unregistering the files using regsvr32 and then deleting the files from <AppPath>. And then letting the install copy the new files to <CommonFiles> folder.

Regarding problem #2(error on repair), i will try your suggestion.

Thanks Again
Shyam.