This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

InstallShield Pro Multi Platform edition

5 replies to this topic

Michael Solway

Michael Solway
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 March 2001 - 14:03

Any chance of opening an InstallShield Pro Multi Platform group?

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 06 March 2001 - 17:44

#Moderation Mode

Moved to the "other" section.

How many of you would be interested in a separate section for the Java/Multi-Platform Edition of InstallShield? Please post here, or write to webmaster@installsite.org

(For the time being please post questions regarding the MPE here in the Other section)

Moved here

KeithC

KeithC
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 March 2001 - 17:16

I would definitely support a separate forum for Multi-Platform. We're in the process of migrating to it and I can guarantee I'll have a ton of questions.

lasenbby

lasenbby
  • Members
  • 744 posts

Posted 30 March 2001 - 20:11

My exact question!!!  Where is the ISMP section?  We have multiple platforms to install and it is a hassel to maintain muliple installs with multiple technologies...for every change.  I have found the IS 6 section quite helpful in the past and look forward to the new section.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 30 March 2001 - 21:29

Granted - there's now a Multi Platform Installs section...
:-)

tklung

tklung
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 March 2001 - 21:39

I am new to installshield.  I need to be able to prompt the user during the install for information such as website name and port number.  I want to use this information in the install to launch a vb script to use the parameters passed in to create a web site.  How do I do this?  I've extended the WizardPanel for a custom data retrieval panel but do not know what events to overwrite.  Even if this is done, how do I use the parameters collected in this panel during the install to run the vb script?  Your help is much appreciated.

BTW, is there better documentation than the built-in help?  I need more detailed understanding of the APIs that it provides.

Thanks.