This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

StatusEx Dialog

1 reply to this topic

mh8368

mh8368
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 23:15

DevX - InstallScript MSI

I want to create a text box that contains a larger font in the StatusEx window for my InstallScript MSI project. I can do this of the other dialogs by inserting the dialogs source code to my script and calling the SetFont function for the controls that I want to change. Unfortunately the StatusEx window does not offer this code to use and the IDE does not allow you to change the font size for just one single text box in a dialog. I know that the Basic MSI IDE allows much more freedom, however, I have to use the InstallScript MSI for many unrelated reasons.

Is there source code for the StatusEx window that I can use? Does anyone have any other ideas as to how to insert this? Bitmaps appear to work, however, the actual dialog grey changes silghtly from one Windows OS to another making it impossible to use a snapshot bitmap containing the text. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
MJH

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 16 July 2004 - 08:46

As far as I know that dialog is not driven by InstallScript but is built into the InstallShield engine. Not sure if transparent bitmaps are supported.