This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Opening Custom Dialog

3 replies to this topic

jrRinku

jrRinku
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 12:34

Hi,

i could not open custom dialog using "Basic MSI Project" or "Web Project". but i could using "Install Script" project. the issue i think is that"Install script" project gets _isUser.dll from my local set up application folder but for Web/Basic MSI projects _isuser.dll is not created. for my custm dialog i have given dialog id using Direct Editor and used that id in ezDefineDialog method as well. i don't know what i am missing.

need help.

Thanks
JR.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 21:46

In Basic MSI projects dialogs are not displayed using script. They are inserted into the UI sequence or called as NewDialog event from the Next button of the preceding dialog.

jrRinku

jrRinku
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 August 2005 - 06:09

Thanks Stefan.

That way it works fine. But i want to validate inputs and only on successful validation next dialog should come. how do i achieve this?

i have anather question.

why is not _isuser.dll created for Indtallshileld Web project? if i copy this dll from one of my installscript project to Web\Basic MSI project then can i be able to open Custom Dialog Box throgh script ?

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 22 August 2005 - 10:12

You can have conditions on the actions of the Next button. So depending on the validation result you could either procede to the next dialog, or show an error message.