This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

suite project problems

1 reply to this topic

lindakreuzer

lindakreuzer
  • Full Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 12:05

Hello!
I wonder that there are still no entries here.
I try for a while now to use the suite project and I have several problems:
1) I added a billboard + picture to a wizard page, then I deleted the billboard again from the page - plus I cahnged the physical path of the picture -> result: I can't build the suite-project anymore, because it still tries to find the billboard that I acctually deleted.
2) In a first step I just put a list of features in the feature list. Then I added a "main feature" moved it to the top of the feature list and put all other features under this "main feature" - but installshield put the features under the former first feature. The display of the feature list starts to show really crazy things, when you go back there, until you close and restart the project again.
3) I can't set a property that the feature list should not be expanded when I first open the page
4) I can't get rid of the text "InstallShield" in the page footer
5) There are some pages like "InstallationWelcome" which shouldn't have a header - but you can't change that for only one page.
6) When I add a page to select a installation path for a certain project, InstallShield automatically adds the comand line parameter to the setup. When I start the setup, I get an error message!
Some things just don't seem to me as finished properly for this new project.

---

[Edit: Taco Bell fixed title.]

Edited by Taco Bell, 15 December 2011 - 15:39.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 15:42

Suite projects are quite new. That explains why it's relatively quiet in this section of the forum. And I'd not be surprised to see some bugs. I don't have immediate answers to your question, expecpt no. 4). I believe this is intentional, as it is in other project tpyes, too.