This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Custom dialog box

3 replies to this topic

jsvoon

jsvoon
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 March 2001 - 05:46

Hi,
I've created a custom dialog box which has a combo box control and two edit boxes.  I have no problem in using the custom dialog box in my setup program but i can't seem to populate the combo box control when the dialog is initialized (ie at DLG_INIT).  Here is my code:

nReturn = CtrlSetList(szDialogName, SQLSERVERS_COMBO, listSQLServers);

I've checked the listSQLServers and it has a list of SQL Server names.  szDialogName is the name of my dialog box and SQLSERVERS_COMBO has the ID defined (from the header files in C++).  nReturn is zero, indicating that the setting was successful.  However, when the dialog box pops up, the combo box control is empty!  Any ideas?  Thanks.

Regards,

Ide Nentjes

Ide Nentjes
  • Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 19 March 2001 - 10:21

Hi,

Is just the control box empty, or the drop-down list as well ?
You might also check the the size of the drop down list, it may be that it is set only 2 pixels long, thus giving the impression that the lsit is empty, while in fact it is not.

You can check if your lsit is reaaly empty by placing the cursor in you combo box, and using the up/down keys to scroll through the list

CU, Ide

runningquicklynowher

runningquicklynowher
  • Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 December 2001 - 21:33

I am having what seems to be the  same problem jsvon had with a ComboBox.  I have checked the list and made sure it is populated and being passed successfully, and verified everything that has been mentioned here.
I have checked the data in the ComboBox with the up/down keys and can scroll through the data, but I cannot get the drop down to be visible and display the list.
How do I check the size of the drop down list as mentioned by Ide Nentjes?  I have it open as a resource in visual studio, but I have been unable to thus far locate this property?
Any ideas?

(Edited by runningquicklynowher at 8:34 pm on Dec. 10, 2001)

runningquicklynowher

runningquicklynowher
  • Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 December 2001 - 22:27

Thanks to anyone who read this.  I have found the solution.  It was the size of the drop down area, it was just goofy to access it in Visual Studio.