This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Dll call caused a corrupted stack in InstallDev9

2 replies to this topic

ClydeMontreal

ClydeMontreal
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 October 2003 - 21:58

My company just purchase InstallShield DevStudio 9. I am responsible to tansfer all existing MSI to InstallShield BasicMSI project. One of MSI requires to call a standard DLL. I used Custom Action Wizard with following details:
-Call a function in a standard dynamic-link library
-Stored in the Binary table
-Immidiate Execution
-Always execute
and leave everything else as default.
Then I call my action in a Next Button. Every settings are exactly the same as what I did in ORCA. But when I launched the installation, the action is called successfully, but when the action is finished, an error message box with following error message appeared "The DLL call "MyActionName" caused a corrupted stack, make sure you have correct number of parameters and the function uses standard calling convention."

Can anyone please help me to solve this problem. Thank you.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 10 October 2003 - 15:01

You may want to use "Windows Instalelr DLL" instead, if your DLL follows the MSI convention. (This is the only type you can use in Orca, so I guess that's what you need)

ClydeMontreal

ClydeMontreal
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 October 2003 - 16:49

Thank you Stefan! I have my problem fixed. biggrin.gif