This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Error 4075

1 reply to this topic

garyflet

garyflet
  • Full Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 22:38

Working with InstallShield 2011 on Windows Server 2008 SP1, I'm suddenly getting error 4075 when building. It's curious because even if I try to compile an old setup.ism, I now get the error, even though a few months ago that same setup.ism compiled without error.

The error is: <File not found. An error occurred merging Module 'Microsoft_VC100_CRT_x86.F1DD796A_B984_3DCA_A68D_6B352BDC86F3:0' for Feature 'Setup_Files'.> I get another error that is the same except it has "MFC" instead of "CRT".

In my <C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield\2011\Modules\i386> directory I have the files <Microsoft_VC100_CRT_x86.msm> and <Microsoft_VC100_MFC_x86.msm>. I'm supposed to have administrative privileges, and the i386 directory has "full control" for both Administrators and Users.

How do I fix this error? Thanks for any reply.

Gary

garyflet

garyflet
  • Full Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 20:58

I have apparently fixed this. I went to my "Redistributables" view and found two of my redistributables were now at the bottom of the page with the message "Not installed locally". I right clicked on them and there was an option to browse. So I browsed to <C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield\2011\Modules\i386> and found the files. Then they showed themselves above as "Installed Locally". However, I still got the errors when I compiled, and found that the checkboxes were still there at the bottom of the Redistributables page. I unchecked these, they disappeared, and so did the errors when I compiled. biggrin.gif

I have no idea why InstalledShield lost their locations.

Gary