This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

How to set the condition for a feature?

6 replies to this topic

xinjiang

xinjiang
  • Full Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 09:24

My installer have 4 features and some features have some files are same, it likes:

feature1: componentA+componentB+...
feature2: componentA+componentC+...
feature3: componentD+...

componentA has a same file: file1. This is disobeied the ICE30. so I think I can use a condition to solve it and I using a condition: &feature1=2 OR !feature1=2 to feature1, it doesn't work, the file don't install.

And I set that condition to componentA(in feature1), for a component condition, it doesn't work too.

do you know what wrong with my condition or my setting?

It sucks!

Edited by xinjiang, 31 May 2007 - 10:24.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 17:33

What exactly does the ICE error say?

xinjiang

xinjiang
  • Full Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 09:31

it said:

ERROR: The target file 'LBRDEC~2.DLL|LbrDecoderDll.dll' is installed in '[CommonFilesFolder]\ArcSoft\Mpeg Engine\' by two different components on an LFN system: 'LbrDecoderDll.dll1' and 'LbrDecoderDll.dll'. This breaks component reference counting.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 10:46

This looks like you have two components installing the same file, instead of two features referencing the same component.

xinjiang

xinjiang
  • Full Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 04:29

yes. the key problem is it. the condition for feature or for component I said, all are for solving this ICE30 error.

My application has 3 features:A, B and C. FileA are required by FeatureA and FeatureB. It looks like:

FileA---->Component A------>FeatureA
FileA---->Component B------>FeatureB

I want FileA will be installed when FeatureA or FeatureB installed, at the same time, ICE30 will be no error.. And if the user just choose the FeatureC, FileA can't be installed.

How to set the condition at this situation?

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 23:15

If FileA is required by both features A and B then I still don't understand why you're not doing:
FileA---->Component A------>FeatureA
FileA---->Component A------>FeatureB

xinjiang

xinjiang
  • Full Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 03:52

I see now.

Thank you very very much. biggrin.gif