This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Enviroment Vars not showing up in IDE?

2 replies to this topic

jgoeke

jgoeke
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 00:25

I have an existing InstallShield X project that use to read in the enviroment vars just fine, but now does not. I had to reinstall the OS and thus InstallShield, and re-define all of my system enviroment vars, which I have done.

When I open my project and look at the "Path Variables", none of the enviroment var actual values show up in the "Current Value" field, instead I get <lowercasevariablename>. Of course when I try to build, I get build error -1000 say "use proper naming convention" (when it should be saying "bad path variables" but that's another issue...)

Any idea what is wrong? When I build using the command line build issabld.exe it all works ok, it's just with the IDE.

Thanks in advance!

---JHG

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 11:17

did you try to set them in the private environment instead of system?

jgoeke

jgoeke
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 18:32

Thanks for the suggestion!
Tuns out I made a mistake relying on a dos shell to tell me my system vars were set, when in realitity my root path var was not being set outside the dos shell, so IS was working ok. All is well now.

Thanks for the quick reply!