This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Edit Sql Script (Non Microsoft Sql Server DB)

1 reply to this topic

hooifong

hooifong
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 March 2005 - 08:21

I was currently being assigned to handle an installer basic MSI project. In this installer, there is such requirement that i need to change the sql script content during the installation time.

My question is does the installshield provide such function that allow the user to edit the file content that is going to install to the machine. I know that the Sql Scripts view inside the installshield, we can replace the text in the sql script during runtime with the string that we specify. But this function only available for those who use the Microsoft SQL Server Database. Is there got any method to do so, so that the file content can be replace with some value that is unique or input by the user???

The installshield that i'm using now is InstallShield X, i'm totally new in doing this installer project, so can anyone please help me, thanks....

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 02 March 2005 - 16:23

InstallShield automatically adds a custom action to the setup for that purpose. I don't think that the source code of this custom action is available.
InstallShield 10.5 supports MySQL in addition to MS-SQL Server