This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

InstallShield 2012 COM Extraction Changes...

1 reply to this topic

Superfreak3

Superfreak3
  • Full Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 21:06

I was wondering, which HKLM\SOLFTWARE\InstallShiled\RegSpy\UseAPIRegistryHooks value mirrors earlier versions of the product...

0-Use API hooking to read existing registry entries for the DLL
1-Use registry redirection to prevent making changes to the registered DLLs on the build machine (default if value not set on XP/2003)
2-Use the new kernel mode monitoring, which combines the advantages of both of the other methods (default if value not set on >=VISTA/2008.

When I search for the value on my Win 7 64 Bit build machine I don't have the RegSpy key so no value, of course. I only see a RegSpyProxy key with no values. So, I guess this means it is behaving as option 2.

Would earlier versions have used the 0 value actions?

I'm just wondering if any problems might occur in switching from 2010 to 2012 Premier with regard to extracting registry information. At build time, I have several components marked as .NET COM Interop = Yes with .NET Scan At Build = Properties Only (The global .NET Scan At Build Option is set to None.). Is there the potential using the newer method that these will become broken (not registered properly) on target machines?

Does the new COM extraction have anything to do with the .NET settings mentioned above?

Any info is Greatly appreciated!

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 18:23

On my Windows 7 (32 bit) machine with InstallShield 2011 the UseAPIRegistryHooks is 1. (The value is not under RegSpy but directly under InstallShield)