This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

RemoveExistingProducts and Maintenance Mode

4 replies to this topic

Johannes John

Johannes John
  • Full Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 13 May 2003 - 13:15

Hello,

does someone has got a solution to run RemoveExistingProducts in Maintenance Mode?

Thanks in advance!
Johannes

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 13 May 2003 - 18:19

RemoveExistingProducts only applies to Major Upgrades, so it will never be called in maintenance mode. What are you trying to do?

Johannes John

Johannes John
  • Full Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 14 May 2003 - 08:13

Hello Stefan,

the global problem is, that each program of the product has to be upgraded only at users request. The simple solution would be a setup for each program, but that's too much ( about 30 programs ). And I want to avoid a program over the setups.

Therefor: Each setup with a new UpgradeCode and ProductCode,...
( if each component with a new code, I'm not sure )
And: The Upgrade Table with the list of the old setups and in the Remove Column a property with a list of features ( programs ) to be deleted in the old setup, depending on the actual installing programs/features.

This works when the second setup runs the first time.

But if the user installes a program/feature in maintenance mode, the program/feature of the first setup will not be removed, because of RemoveExistingProducts istn't running in maintenance mode ( described in description ).
To delete the contents of property "Installed" temporary is not the criteria for RemoveExistingProducts to run in Installation mode.

And CA 39 I don't get running at all, nor with REMOVE=x,y,z .

How to run RemoveExistingProducts in Maintenance Mode?

Thanks in advance!
Johannes

Edited by Johannes John, 14 May 2003 - 08:14.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 14 May 2003 - 16:18

What you are tring to do is outside the concept of MSI. The best solution would probably be to create separate MSIs.

Johannes John

Johannes John
  • Full Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 14 May 2003 - 16:36

Yes, that's what I'm afraid of.

Thanks!