I am semi-new to Installshield tactics. I am having trouble allowing the end user to select certain features to install (via UI) mutually exclusive. I have read several threads on here of other cases of this, but did not seem to find my answer, so I apologize if I duplicate a thread.
Here is what I have setup in a suite installer:
- CommonComponents (things needed by all the other three features)
- ServerFeature (things exclusive for the server installation of the product)
- ClientFeature (things exclusive for the client installation of the product)
- TrainingFeature (things exclusive for the training installation of the product)
- ConfigMsi (set to CommonComponents feature)
- CoreMsi (set to CommonComponents feature)
- App A (set to ServerFeature)
- App B (set to ClientFeature)
- App C (set to TrainingFeature)
- Removed the stock "InstallationType" and "InstallationFeatures" dialogs, as these are NOT mutually exclusive as you all know
- Added custom dialog with three custom buttons (for exclusiveness functionality - guess I could use a radio button group as well)
- On the button click events I have tried setting (custom ISproperty, Windows installer properties such as [ADDLOCAL] and [REMOVE])
- Using custom ISproperty I have tried adding a condition to the applicable features based on the properties in the last step
No matter what I try, all the features install with any button selection. Help. Result I am looking for: When user selects Server button, the CommonComponents feature (and associated MSI packages) and the ServerFeature (and associated MSI packages) are both installed, but NOT ClientFeatuere or TrainingFeature packages.