This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

MySQL query

5 replies to this topic

seyli

seyli
  • Full Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 07:38

Hello,

i have create an client / server project with Installshield 12. The server installation installed the MySQL database. In the client installation, i get the remote computer with SelectDirEx ( szTitle, szMsg, "", "", BIF_BROWSEFORCOMPUTER , szDefPath ) . Is't possible to get information from the remote computer in the client installation if MySQL is running?

thanks

Edited by seyli, 15 July 2009 - 10:27.

phood

phood
  • Full Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 15:34

SelectDirEx will allow you to select the path of a shared directory on the remote computer. This is different than seeing information in the MySQL database.

What is it you're trying to do?

Pat

seyli

seyli
  • Full Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 13:20

Hi Pat,

i select only the remote computer with the parameter BIF_BROWSEFORCOMPUTER. I need the remote computer name in the client installation, because i write this name in a local file on the client computer. On the remote computer must the mysql server running. Now i try to check if the mysql server really running on this machine.

Mike

phood

phood
  • Full Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 22:15

The BIF_BROWSEFORCOMPUTER flag only filters the folder browser. The SelectDirEx only finds folders and shared folders on computers published in the network neighborhood.

Maybe there is some sort of utility in MySql that hunts the network for MySql servers.

seyli

seyli
  • Full Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 06:17

Is it possible to implement MySQL script in Installshield Script?

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 14:42

InstallShield has support for executing SQL Scripts on MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle. It's in the Installation Designer under Server Configuration > SQL Scripts. This was first introduced for Basic MSI projects but in version 2010 (not sure about previous versions) it's also available in InstallScript projects.