This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Skip Registry entry.

1 reply to this topic

raminder.gujral

raminder.gujral
  • Full Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 13:48

Let me re-iterate this: The default registry set is (which I assume we create before compiling the IS program) shown on the system configuration. Is there any way I can deselect this. Would appreciate your help.

An installshield which writes the default registries(Key) into the registry needs to be modifed so that it should not touch the registry et all when one flag is turned on. I want to write all the registry data into the file instead of registry. Need to know which even is populating this as I see in my code, we are not populating this. But in the System settings in instalshield we have some default restries to be copied to destination machine.

Would appreciate your help.

Thanks,
Raminder

Edited by raminder.gujral, 26 December 2006 - 13:58.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 10:00

I don't recall exactly how it was in Professional version 5 but in current versions you can associate a registry set with a component (in Pro 5 maybe with a file group) which enables you to conditionally install these entries.
Alternatively don't use the registry set but create the entries in your script.

Note however that InstallSHield will automatically create some registry entries, like the uninstall entry.