This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Simple but confusing : INSTALLSTATE_ABSENT

1 reply to this topic

mfindlay

mfindlay
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 March 2002 - 20:41

I am confused by the return code INSTALLSTATE_ABSENT from the MsiGetComponentPath() function.

If I call MsiGetComponentPath on a normally installed component, I get INSTALLSTATE_LOCAL, which is what I would expect. However, if I delete the keyfile for the component, then MsiGetComponentPath returns INSTALLSTATE_ABSENT.

I was under the impression that INSTALLSTATE_ABSENT meant that the component was not installed in the first place (not selected to be installed at original install time), not that it was 'broken'.

Can someone explain exactly what the INSTALLSTATE_ABSENT means as a return code from MsiGetComponentPath?

Ian Blake

Ian Blake
  • Members
  • 483 posts

Posted 20 March 2002 - 10:07

MSI establishes the presence or absence of a component by checking if the Key File (ot registry entry) is installed or not.  So if you delete the key file then the component is obviously going to be absent.