This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

ISCmdBld.exe issue

1 reply to this topic

Kurt Schneider

Kurt Schneider
  • Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 06 August 2001 - 22:52

Greetings,

Well the build guy here got laid off and I took over his spot.  We (the company) have been repackaging our installation using ISCmdBld.exe called from a batch file.  If I run the batch file while logging in to the machine with the former employees login, everything works fine.  When I login as myself and run the same batch file everything appears to work except when files are being copied into the .cab.  It gives me a -1501 unable to copy file c:\..\..SomeFile.exe in SomeFile.exe to the release location.  This error occurs for every binary / merge module included in the project.  I have checked that my machine permissions match those of the ex-build guy and I have also ensured that the batch file isn't using any environment variables that I might have missed.  

I'm stupified.  

I can successfully build from the IDE.

Any thoughts / suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

- kurt

Kurt Schneider

Kurt Schneider
  • Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 07 August 2001 - 18:23

Me Again,

I was able to answer my own question.  It appears that since ISWI was installed under another users context.  Some directories were created in that users Profile directory.  I am guessing that ISCmdBld.exe writes temporary information to these directories during the build process.  After uninstalling ISWI and subsequently reinstalling it, the batch file seemed to work.  The .cab file was created without error.

No Longer Stupified!

-Kurt