This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Installing multi-language application

3 replies to this topic

Geert Depickere

Geert Depickere
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 August 2001 - 16:26

Hi all,

I am writing an setup for a multi-language application (an appl. with resource files per language, the user can swith language at runtime).

I have 2 features in my install. For each language, these features contain an additional component with the resource files.

In the setup I want to give the user the option to select which language(s) he wants to install and according to his selection only install the components that are for the selected languages.

In the custom setup dialog (I am using ISWI) I have added a feature "language resources" with subfeatures "French", "German", ... These are "dummy" features, there are no components assigned to them. Based on these selected language features I want to set the action state of the resource components in the real features. I tried by adding a condition (e.g. &French=3) to the resource components but that does not work.

Can anyone give me a hint on how to get this working (or is there a better way to do this ?) ?

Thanks

Ian Blake

Ian Blake
  • Members
  • 483 posts

Posted 30 August 2001 - 16:58

Conditions such as &Feature will never work as a component condition.  & $ etc. are not valid until after costing when the component condtion is evaluated.

Why can't you put the resource component under French or German features?

Geert Depickere

Geert Depickere
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 August 2001 - 07:27

I can't put the resource component under the French or German features because :

The user can choose to install both or just one of my "real" features and I only want to install the resources for the selected real features...