This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Major Upgrade Works, But Removes All Shortcuts

1 reply to this topic

Cookie Crumb

Cookie Crumb
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 November 2002 - 09:56

Some General information:

Build System:    Win XP with SP1
 Software:         InstallShield Dev 7 SP4
 Project:           Standard

I'm doing a major upgrade that upgrades fine except for a singular issue, the application icon installed on the desktop and the icons created in the Start Menu\Program folder are removed after the installation is finished.

I'm creating the icons using the InstallScript AddFolderIcon() function. Presently, I call this function in the OnEnd() section of the script. So, it's supposed to be the absolute last thing InstallShield does. Originally I called it in OnFirstUIBefore(), then I tried it in OnFirstUIAfter(), but the behavior is the same in both of those places as it is when called from in OnEnd(). The install/upgrade completes, looks fine for a second as the Program Folder comes up from calling ShowProgramFolder(), then that same program folder just dissapears because InstallShield removed it! Just *poof*, gone.

Has anyone come across this problem when creating an install that does a major upgrade to installations of another version? If so, did you solve it? If so, how? If not, do you have any ideas other than that of using the Shortcuts/Folders pane?

It looks an awful lot like a bug with InstallShield. If so, I'd love to know a way to work around it.

willemh

willemh
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 December 2002 - 11:54

Hello,

I don't know this problem, but we have some problems with
script actions in the end() routine. I suggest to try moving
the actions to another section of the script.
Don't know if it will help, but I guess it's worth the try, if
still needed.

Regards,

Willem