This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

How do I restore a file with a DOS Command?

3 replies to this topic

Edmundo

Edmundo
  • Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 22 February 2001 - 16:07

Hi All,

I'm new to the site (and installshield for that matter). The guy who developed our software's set up routines has left the company, and yours truly has been handed the opportunity to develop a new routine. Anyway enough of the introduction, can anyone help with the following problem I'm having?

Issue: I'm using Installshield 5.5 to create an Auto-Installation routine for our software Tra/x. Tra/x requires Progress Software to be installed, as Progress Software is the engine that runs Tra/x. When creating the set-up routine for Tra/x I have a file "dbsave" that contains all the database files for Progress Software. My installation will have to "restore" these database files from the file "dbsave" (dbsave has no extension).

Problem: I'm having trouble locating a function that will allow me to "restore" the file "dbsave" using DOS commands. The command I need to get to run in DOS is a Progress command. Firstly I will have to "cd" (Change Directory) to the location of the installed dbsave file:

cd d:\test\__ t\db.snd //location of installed dbsave file

from here I need to run the Progress command that will allow me "restore"  the dbsave file:

d:\91b\bin\prorest xttraxmu d:\test\__ t\db.snd\dbsave //Progress command need to perform "restore" on the dbsave file

Question: What function can I use in my installation that will allow me to run the DOS commands above, in order to "restore" the "dbsave" file above?

Thanks in advance,

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 22 February 2001 - 19:20

You could write the commands to a .bat file and launch it with LaunchAppAndWait or _LaunchAppEx (the latter can be found here on installSite and prvents the pop up of the dos box)

Edmundo

Edmundo
  • Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 04 March 2001 - 15:38

Hi All,

Many thanks to Stefan for the answer !

for those of you that are interested, I ran the following functions which restored the required files from the dbsave file.

ChangeDirectory ( TARGETDIR + "\\__\ t\\db.snd" );

LaunchAppAndWait ( ProgRootDir + "bin\\_dbutil.exe " , "prorest xttraxmu dbsave", WAIT);

Thanks again,