This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Browse through Network Neighbourhood

3 replies to this topic

ItsmeArun

ItsmeArun
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 January 2002 - 15:19

Can I browse through Network Neighbour hood using InstallChangeFolder or DestinationFolder Dialog box. IF So which variable or property will hold the path browsed by the user using the CHANGE button

Kurt Schneider

Kurt Schneider
  • Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 15 January 2002 - 16:40

Greetings,

There isn't any built in support to get to Network Neighbourhood from the InstallChangeFolder dialog.  However, mapped network driives are accessible from this dialog.  The DestinationFolder dialog has behaviour assoiated with the Change button.  When the change button is selected the [_BrowseProperty] property is set to the INSTALLDIR, by default..  You can change this path variable to any path variable that you'd like.  When you hit the OK button from the InstallChangeFolder dialog, the chosen path is set into the [_BrowseProperty].  This in turn will become the new path for which ever path variable was associated to the property in the DestinationFolder dialogs Change button behavior view.

Kurt

ItsmeArun

ItsmeArun
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 January 2002 - 06:40

thatz so nice of you to reply me Kurt
As you said I tried to retrive the chosen path with the help of MsiGetProperty function passing "_BrowseProperty" as the propety name.But the value returned by this property seems to be null
When I tried to display the value of this _Browse Property it displayed a blank message box,
Am confused. Is the method I used to retrieve the value of this property correct or some flaw with my logic
Thanx in Advance

Kurt Schneider

Kurt Schneider
  • Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 21 January 2002 - 15:08

Arun,

I've never tried using MsiGetProperty and the _BrowseProperty together.  I've only used the dialogs to do this type of operation.  When I've had the need to have users select directories other than the installation directory, I just modeled some new dialogs to behave like the Destination directory dialog.

Kurt