This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Problems with MR1

4 replies to this topic

rekeu

rekeu
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 November 2001 - 09:53

I use the Developer 7 (English Version with Language Pack West) to build our setup program. Since I came across a lot of bugs I was very happy to find the first maintenance release (MR1) on InstallShields' download site. Before I started the setup of the MR1-program my project included six languages: German (default language), English (US) , Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, and French. After running the MR1 I started Developer 7 and opened my project. A message box informed me that I use the six languages which I have named above but Developer 7 doesn't support them. Hence the unsupported languages will be deleted. I thought "thanks a lot Developer 7 for destroying my work!".
So now I guess you can imagine my question: I this normal for the maintenance releases to destroy existing projects? What do I have to do next beside improving my English? Thanks a lot for any help in anticipation.
By the way, now Developer 7 supported the following languages:
Bulgarian, English (US) default, Romanian, Serbian. Unfortunately I couldn't convinced my boss to support these languages and so I need a solution.... ;-)

mdoggett

mdoggett
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 November 2001 - 17:31

I had the same problem. You need to download the 7.01 language pack. It can be found at

[url deleted by administrator]

Once it has downloaded run it and enter the folllowing password

[password deleted by administrator]

You will now have all you languages restored

rekeu

rekeu
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 November 2001 - 20:38

Thanks for your help. Unfortunately, your advice haven't helped me.
I have installed the language pack again and afterwards I had my languages restored. Anyway thanks a lot for your answer!!!!

Regards, Jens

Christof

Christof
  • Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 14 November 2001 - 09:02

Hi,
had the same problems. When using ISD7 with language pack west and updating from 7 to 7.01 you must first uninstall the language pack then install the update and then install the west language pack again. It must not be the 7.01 language pack!
I dont't understand why... in m opinion updating means to replace files ...

rekeu

rekeu
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 14 November 2001 - 10:49

Yes, thats the way.

It's really strange, even with updates you get problems with InstallShield. But never mind, I'm glad to find this forum and hence finding people who support each other.