This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

File installation on checklist

3 replies to this topic

vanitha_arun

vanitha_arun
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 November 2004 - 08:36

Hello All,

I need to install the files or folders in the destination machine based on a checklist i create. Help me out to find a solution for this

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 08 November 2004 - 09:22

You could use a dialog such as SdAskOptions which will directly select/unselect features of your setup. Or use FeatureSelectIten to select features based on the user selection.

vanitha_arun

vanitha_arun
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 November 2004 - 09:30

Hello Stefan Krüger,

Thanks for the option given.

My requirement is that, I have a folder X and this X folder has subfolders as X11, X22 and certain files x1.txt, x2.txt, x3.txt. I have added a feature called "floderx" which points to the single folder "X" and it has dynamic lnk option.

Now while i install at the destination machine, the installation choice would prompt me a list of files, folders, subfloders under the folder "X" and it would leave the choide to the user to pick up the required subfloders and files from the folder "X".

Help me out in achiving this.

Thanks,
Vanitha

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 11 November 2004 - 10:21

If you want to enable users to select sub folders, you need to create (sub-)features for them. Folders and Components are not visible to the user, only Features are visible and can be selected.