This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

run program by CA

4 replies to this topic

rj2Skipper

rj2Skipper
  • Full Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 26 March 2001 - 15:09

I'm trying to run a program by Windowsinstaler if I click on the Setupcompletesuccess-Dialog-Finish-Button.

i tried it in different ways but nothing worked.
Open ca-wizard --> choose: run Program:
1. Try: installed with the product --> choosing the component and the exe-file --> Program runs but cancels, because it need other files in the same driectory but it did not find them.
2. Try: stored in the Directorytable-->typing in Source: tableentry, target: exe-file --> program did not run (WI error 2744 or 2762)
3. Try: stored in thepropertytable--> typing in the property (property is set on the right path\exe-file)--> program did not run (WI error 2743)

writing an installscript that changes the directory (by ChangeDirectory) and lauches the exe-file (by LaunchApp) didn't work, too.

does anybody knows how to solve this tricky problem?

bye rolf

AndrewWalker

AndrewWalker
  • Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 29 March 2001 - 17:44

I have launched many things from an IScript Custom Action with the LaunchAppAndWait function.  How have you tried to do this before?

Devon Anderson

Devon Anderson
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 August 2001 - 19:26

I had the same problem.... looks like the scripting engine has been shutdown before SetupCompleteSuccess. Have a look at Q104449 on the installshield.com knowledgebase, they show how to start it back up again.

If you put some code (say a messagebox) in your OnEnd event in IS .... I bet it shows up before SetupCompleteSuccess.

cheers,
Devon

Devon Anderson

Devon Anderson
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 August 2001 - 21:34

oh... also i tried KB article Q104449 and i cant get it to work. ie i cant get the scripting engine to restart. Basically if you follow word for word you cannot repeat their steps in 2.03  .... I thought they made a mistake and it should have been an Installer DLL (then you can put Startup in the target area), but this just causes the msiexec to hang .......  ive put in a support call to IS .... ahem.

cheers,
Devon

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 20 August 2001 - 22:04

1. Try: installed with the product --> choosing the component and the exe-file --> Program runs but cancels, because it need other files in the same driectory but it did not find them.
Looks like you want to sett an AppPath entry for your program so that it finds all its file independent of the current working directory.