This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Update software using Prerequsites?

1 reply to this topic

Tyler Curtis

Tyler Curtis
  • Full Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 01:46

I am interested in providing installer updating using prerequisites.

I have PRQ_A which references PRQ_B on a server which in turn points to an installer exe. At install of software, the initial installer exe is downloaded and installed; all is working fine.

I was hoping to be able to replace the installer exe with its new version by just replacing it on the server. What I get is an error saying "The files for installation requirement MySoftwareTitle could not be found. The installation will now stop. This is probably due to a failed, or a canceled download."

If I return the initial installer exe to the server, everything works fine again.

How does the checksum works in this instance? Must the checksum in PRQ_B have to be the same as in PRQ_A even though PRQ_A is just pointing to PRQ_B?

Are there any good instructions for this type of prerequisite use? I have scoured the help file and not finding enough info to get this working.

Any help is really appreciated!

Thanks!
Tyler Curtis
Craftsman Book Company

Tyler Curtis

Tyler Curtis
  • Full Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 19:59

The fix is to create a new version of the prerequisite that will be stored on the server:
1. copy the previous prerequisite information,
2. save with the same prerequisite file name.

When saving the new prerequisite, a new checksum is created for the updated installer.

Add the new prerequisite and the updated installer to the server.
Thanks!
Tyler Curtis
Craftsman Book Company