This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Apps unexpectedly delivered to WINDIR

2 replies to this topic

Kaydet81

Kaydet81
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 February 2001 - 15:59

I have two separate installs written in IS6, in which three separate users found that the product was delivered to their NT directory instead of the target specified in the Choose Location dialog.  Since I didn't see this happen myself, I can't say exactly what they did, but I find it odd that three people had the same problem.  Has anyone seen something like this?

Thanks,
Tim Grant
Allenbrook, Inc.

BugFarmer

BugFarmer
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 December 2001 - 00:18

Just a guess, but you might check your timing of when you set TARGETDIR.  If TARGETDIR is not set or if you are checking its value too early, then you will get files in your WINDIR.  Just something I ran across that sounds similar...

Perotin

Perotin
  • Full Members
  • 407 posts

Posted 17 December 2001 - 09:13

Do you ask the user to change the target directory?
If you do so, check what 's happening if you set impossible directories like " " or "." or just delete the value and press enter ...
Since this happened to a small amount of users, there is no general misdirection of the files.
So it might be a wrong checking of the user's targetdir or perhaps it depends on the os? What happens if the NT user want to install into a directory which is "forbidden", because he is just a user and no admin ....

So maybe a question of targetdir checking function or some NT rights thing ...