This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Disable uninstall for minor upgrade

1 reply to this topic

martinbe

martinbe
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 June 2002 - 09:03

Hello,
I want to make a minor upgrade which updates some files in Installshield Developer 7.03. I want to disable uninstall. The upgrade installation has to work with a number of installations made in Installshield Express. So I want two things:

1) How do I prevent the program ending up in the add-remove program panel?

2) I can occcur that I want to use the upgrade on two installations on the same machine so I also don't want it to be registered.

I tried with removing PublishProduct and RegisterProduct but that is apparently not enough.

Regards,
Martin Beugel

Banjo

Banjo
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 July 2002 - 16:11

1) I don't think that this is possible, nor should it be.  The end user should always have ultimate control over their machine.  If it a company machine that needs restricting for the normal users then this should be done through user management.

2) Again, not possible as far as I know. The whole point of the installer service is that it is a managed service.  If you could do this then how could the WIS ensure that the installations are tidied up correctly.
Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.