This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Persistent Maintenance Mode

1 reply to this topic

clvrmnky

clvrmnky
  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 06 February 2002 - 19:11

Our QA team is having a lot of problems testing setups on Windows 9x and ME.  One of the main problems is that on Windows ME only (so far) we can't get rid of maintenance mode.  After an uninstall, running the same Setup.exe again pops up the standard maintenance mode dialogs.

I know I had this problem with the demo of IS 6.3 (on Win2k) but I can't remember the fix -- something to do with the InstallShield engine file -- but I haven't seen this with 6.31.

A search in the IS kb articles came up empty.  Any ideas?  My solution for dropping support for spurious operating systems like "ME" has met with some resistance.  Go figure.

clvrmnky

clvrmnky
  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 08 February 2002 - 18:46

Ok, here's a clarification:

If we install to WinME in such a way that we require a reboot, upon reboot we cannot uninstall.

That is, the app is untouched by an uninstall, and the uninstall, though appearing to be "complete" leaves everything untouched.  The progress meter goes from 0% to the last dialog in less than a second (after a short pause).

So, the problem isn't persistent maintenance mode -- it's that an uninstall won't work after a reboot on Windows ME.  If we uninstall w/o the reboot, it completes without a problem.

Ring any bells?