This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

msidbCustomActionTypeTSAware

1 reply to this topic

sreedharkm

sreedharkm
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 July 2004 - 10:20

Hi

I have deffered custion action (install script function) in the InstallExecute sequence. I need to install my product on Windows 2003 Terminal Service also. There is a new custtom action type "msidbCustomActionTypeTSAware" has been added for Windows 2003 server edition.

I want to know how to set this action type in the installshiled IDE. i am using InstallShiled for Windows Installer 2.03

Thanks

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 20 July 2004 - 21:53

Your InstallShield version is much older than Windows 2003 Server. Therefore there's no built in support for this option.
If I recall correctly ISWI 2.03 also didn't have a Direct Editor (giving accessy to all MSI tables), but a "Power Editor" (giving access only to MSI tables that were not present elewhere in the IDE). So there's no way to do this in your InstallShield version. Instead you would have to modify the generated .mei file after the build, e.g. using Orca. Alternatively you could upgrade to the current InstallShield version.
BTW I'm not sure msidbCustomActionTypeTSAware will work properly with InstallScript custom actions.