This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Upgrade Table - SecureCustomProperties

2 replies to this topic

MonkeyK

MonkeyK
  • Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 10 September 2004 - 23:36

I am trying to create a new install that will act as a major upgrade to an old install (both built with IS Dev 8). I want to do this for a couple of reasons:
1) The old install has a lot of custom code tweeking things and the new one will not be needing it, so I want to start clean.
2) The components need to go to different directories (to comply with company standards)

I understand that both installs need to share an upgrade code (and not share a product code), but I am not clear on how to use the upgrade table (I have read the help). It has fields:
UpgradeCode - I assigned the common upgrade code
VersionMin - left it alone
VersionMax - assigned it the version of the last build
Language - left it alone
Attributes - left it alone
Remove - left it alone so it will use "ALL"
ActionProperty - automatically populated to "ACTIONPROPERTY"

When I try to build I get an error saying that ACTIONPROPERTY is not listed as a member of SecureCustomProperties. But I can't find out where to add it. There is no SecureCustomProperties table or property listed.

Am I on the right track even? Can anyone help me out here?

Thanks,
Mike

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 11 September 2004 - 10:48

SecureCustomProperties is a property that you add in the property table. As value it should have your ACTIONPROPERTY.
The easiest way to do this would be the Upgrades view (in the Media section)

MonkeyK

MonkeyK
  • Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 13 September 2004 - 18:06

That's it. I added SecureCustomProperties to the property table and I am good to go! cool.gif

Thanks,
Mike