Posted 20 June 2001 - 20:22
Posted 20 June 2001 - 20:40
Posted 20 June 2001 - 20:52
Posted 21 June 2001 - 06:59
Does the ERROR_UNINSTSETUP message pop up all the time, or only sometimes, on some machines? (I'm only talking about first time installs here)
Posted 21 June 2001 - 14:23
UPDATE: We've seen this on two separate Win2K machines. One of them we ghosted prior to the first install. Every time we do the install for the first time after restoring the image from the ghost, the error appears. The error does not reappear during subsequent uninstalls and reinstalls (until we restore the ghosted image again).
(Edited by BobRouse at 9:24 pm on June 25, 2001)
Posted 16 August 2001 - 16:40
1) I am using ISWI 2.03
2) The error (warning) only occurs when installing to Win2K
3) The warning only occurs the first time the product is installed, subsequent installs produce no error.
4) The warning is occurring either at the very end of the User Interface portion or the very beginning of the Execute section.
5) The error is not occuring during processing of any InstallScript CA
6) I've tried using the command line arguments to generate a detailed log, but there is nothing there that stands out.
Any suggestions or information is greatly appreciated.
Posted 17 August 2001 - 09:40
Is this ERROR_UNINSTSETUP also in the log file? During which action does this error occur?
Does setup complete successfully after you click OK on the error dialog?
Posted 17 August 2001 - 14:48
Some of the script was rolled over from an InstallShield 5 install. When I started the project, I was new to InstallShield; there was a small piece of code which I didn't really understand, but figured was important. I left it in, it eventually got buried, and I forgot about it. I happened to stumble across it yesterday, and - lo and behold - it was the culprit all along.
I apologize for wasting your time with this.