This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

1. RemoveExistingProducts does not Remove Existing Products

2 replies to this topic

mli8888

mli8888
  • Full Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 18:08

I am trying to do a Major upgrade for my application. It appears that RemoveExistingProducts is not removing
the old version, I end up with three entries for my product in Add/Remove Programs.

My old revision are CRMS 10.20 and 10.21. My new one is CRMS 10.22.

I have done the following:

Put the upgrade code in the upgrade table.

Version min is 10.20.

Version max is 10.21.
Attributes are 1025.
Action Property is OLDPRODUCTS

I added SecureCustomProperties with the value OLDPRODUCTS to the property table.

I verified that FindRelatedProducts and RemoveExistingProducts are in the
sequences.

But did not working. after run at Add/Remove Programs still show old versions CRMS 10.20 and 10.21.

Please help!!!!

deramor

deramor
  • Full Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 19:39

Try the following settings on your major upgrade item:

- Product Sharing my Upgrade Code

- Any earlier Version

On the Advanced tab, settings that work for me include:

- Include Min Version: Yes

- Maximum Version: ***ALL_VERSIONS***

Your property does need to be in the secure custom properties as you said mentioned you did in your post.

Also, for scheduling issues, review my explanation of what I do here:

http://forum.install...showtopic=21864

It includes a little bit of how Windows Installer tries to be efficient, marks components as do not install and other quirks.

One key detail to make all this work is to never change your upgrade code.  One reason might be for the 3 ARP entries you have is that each version has a different Upgrade code.  You would need to constantly modify your Major Upgrade item to include a list of released upgrade codes to remove during upgrades.  This is a maintenance task you can prevent by keeping the Upgrade Code Static across every version.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 15:31

And check the log file. It will tell you if the old version wasn't found, or was found but not removed for some reason.