This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Failed: Custom Action calling VBScript in 64 bit

1 reply to this topic

badzoy07

badzoy07
  • Full Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 10:51

I'm using the Call VBScript from installation method to copy a certain file(ex. file1.dll) from ProgramFiles to SQL\Binn directory. This works for XP in 32 bit server but failed to copy in 64 bit.

The vbscript file simply copy the file but needs to read the registry first to know where is the location of SQL binn it will be place.

The log file says:
MSI (s) (FC:70) [14:32:39:201]: Hello, I'm your 64bit Impersonated custom action server.
Action ended 14:32:39: CopySetupFiles. Return value 0.

Does anyone knows this error? Based from some forums I read the reason behind this is because the vbscript is 32 bit and you're trying to access the 64 bit registry so it displays an error.

I really appreciate any help. Thank you in advance smile.gif

VBScab

VBScab
  • Full Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 11:52

I have still to play with 64-bit but I imagine VBS would run in either environment unchanged, bar the fact that the 64-bit uses different names for the hives. I can't recall whether the 32-bit section is as-is, with a '64' suffix for 64-bit or the other way around. Obviously your script should detect which flavour is in use and branch accordingly. I believe there's a WMI class you can use for that detection but don't quote me! smile.gif
- Don't know why 'x' happened? Want to know why 'y' happened? ProcMon will tell you.
- Try using http://www.google.com before posting.
- I answer questions only via forums. Please appreciate the time I give here and don't send me personal emails.