This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Installscript project upgrade with merge module

1 reply to this topic

julietcq

julietcq
  • Full Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 15:40

hi, all,

I have some questions on the installscript project upgrade.

1. Is there major upgrade and minor upgrade for installscript project? I know these two types existing in Installscript MSI projects, but I'm not sure of this in Installscript project.

2. I found if I only change the version, and didn't change the product_guid, there will be one upgrade installation. Is this the right way to do one upgrade package?

3. There is one merge module holder in my project, but this holder is under one feature, and this feature exists in one former version of my product.

I didn't change the product guid and only changed the product version, then made one upgrade installation package.

I installed one former version's product, and then upgrade it using this new upgrading package. I found the merge module wasn't installed.

Then I changed the feature GUID, and did one package again. when I upgrade, the merge moduel was installed successfully.

I'm not sure am I right by changing the feature GUID to install the merge module?

If anyone can answer my question? I really appreciate that.

vrnadh

vrnadh
  • Full Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 07:25

julietcq,

There is no concept called upgrades in installscript projects.
if you want to do any upgrade, you need to change product guid as well as the product version in your new package.
It is not required to change the feature guid while you are doing upgrade.

pls confirm one thing. Is merge module already available with the older package? or it has been added newly to the upgrade package?

Regards,
Venkat