This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

How to run different setups in my installation

1 reply to this topic

e_amitsaxena

e_amitsaxena
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 September 2003 - 07:16

Hello guys,

Well i am new to installshield and dont know much about it ,so can anybody solve my problem. I am building an application in visual basic and will use installshield for the setup program.Alongwith my application i want to provide the user with Directx Runtime setup and Windows media run time file whose setup.exe is with me now the problem is this that i want that while my installtion begins how can i integrate the installation of these two setups with my application setups . Also the installation should be able to check what version of Direct x is installed on the client computer and if it is below the threshold version then only it should run the setup of the direct x.
Can anybody help me & even if u provide me with the direction ,i can start off

Amit

Christian Stuck

Christian Stuck
  • Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 06 October 2003 - 12:21

LaunchAppAndWait ( SRCDIR ^ "DirectX.exe", "", WAIT);

Your setup will wait until the directx setup is completed. Now you can start additional setups or continue with your own setup. Thats all.