This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

How to show License Agreement text???

6 replies to this topic

Nika

Nika
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 November 2001 - 09:42

Install Shield 7.0 Developer
How to show License Agreement text in the installation??? When I add the rtf-file to the Setup Files, Windows Installer send the error during the unstallation:

Runtime Error!
Program: D:WINNT\System32\MSIEXEC.EXE
abnormal program termination

How to decide this problem? Can I include the text of License Agreement to setup without adding file to Setup Files?

abraxas

abraxas
  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 09 November 2001 - 12:19

What you can do is this - don't add the RTF file is the setup files area.  Go to the dialogs area and select the "LicenseAgreement" dialog.  Select the memo area (scrollable text) where the license agreement will be shown.  In the parameter list on the right there will be a property called "File".  Click that and from there you can choose the RTF file which you wish to display.

Mind you the above only works for Basic projects.  In a standard project it's slightly different.  In the install script you will make a call to SdLicense.  The last parameter of this function is the name of your license file.  This file must be a standard TXT file, and is included in your setup files area.

Hope this helps.

Nika

Nika
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 November 2001 - 13:34

Thank you for information, abraxas.
But, of course, I did it. The text of License Agreement become visible in the Install Shield Window, but it isn't showing in the installation process. May be Setup don't see this RTF-file? What must I write in the field "File" exactly and what path must I write than?

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 09 November 2001 - 17:55

This is a basic msi project, right?

Open your .rtf with Wordpad, make a minor modification, and save it. I guess it's not stored in a compatible format. Note that you cannot use a txt file renamed to rtf. You must explicitly save it in rtf format.

Nika

Nika
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 November 2001 - 07:51

Thank you for information, Stefan Krueger.
Yes, this is a basic MSI project.
I did you advised me about rtf format. There is one improvement - Windows Installer error doesn't send now. But the text of License Agreement didn't become visible in the installation :( .
May be you have some more suppositions?

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 13 November 2001 - 11:16

Is the visibility falg of the scrollable text control set to "yes"?

Nika

Nika
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 November 2001 - 13:53

Of course. In my project i set "True" to "Visible" of the scrollable text control (if we say about one).