This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Making Registry entries based on operating system

4 replies to this topic

rjprasadch

rjprasadch
  • Full Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 19:16

Hi,

We are using Installshield 12 for building the setup for our application.
We have a requirement that some entries should be made in the registry during the installation process.
And these entries should be made only on VISTA operating system.

I have imported the .reg file into the Installshield project using Project assistant, it is registering the entries on any operating system and it is working fine.

But my requirement is it should update the registry only if it is VISTA. Is there any possibility to put condition in the installscript to make the registry entries only if it is VISTA and it should not register on any other operating systems.

Thanks for your help in advance..

Holger_G

Holger_G
  • Full Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 07:52

Just make use of InstallScript registry functions to create the registry keys and values and use SYSINFO to create them dependent on the OS.

rjprasadch

rjprasadch
  • Full Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 14:51

QUOTE (nrivers @ 2008-10-07 07:52)
Just make use of InstallScript registry functions to create the registry keys and values and use SYSINFO to create them dependent on the OS.

Thanks for the reply. Can you please let me know do have any idea which registry function we can use for making the registry entries.

Thanks for your help again.

phood

phood
  • Full Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 20:29

Or deliver two .reg files, one for Vista and one for XP (or whatever). Run the Vista one when you are installing on Vista.

Holger_G

Holger_G
  • Full Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 10:22

QUOTE (rjprasadch @ 2008-10-07 14:51)
QUOTE (nrivers @ 2008-10-07 07:52)

Thanks for the reply. Can you please let me know do have any idea which registry function we can use for making the registry entries.

Thanks for your help again.

Here is some very simple code:

szKey = "Software\\My Company\\Test";
RegDBSetDefaultRoot(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE);
RegDBCreateKeyEx(szKey, "");
RegDBSetKeyValueEx(szKey, "Install path", REGDB_STRING, TARGETDIR, -1);

Just take a deeper look at the help file to get more information about registry related InstallScript functions.