This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Files updating but not being created.

1 reply to this topic

mattdurrant

mattdurrant
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 April 2004 - 18:34

I've created a .msp patch that replaces a file with a more up to date version and adds a completely new file. I did this by following the MSDN guide located here (i'm working with Orca and an msi created by VSI).
The patch I created succesfully updates the file, but doesn't add the new file when I use the command:
CODE
msiexec /p "Patch.msp" REINSTALL=ALL REINSTALLMODE=omus

However, if I install the original msi file with the patch together, as in:
CODE
msiexec /i "OriginalInstaller.msi" PATCH="Patch.msp"

it works fine - and the new file can be found.
This would seem to suggest that the patch is ok, but i'm using the wrong command line to install it? Or have I made some other obvious mistake? Does anyone know a reference to a walkthrough for creating patches that add new files?

Many thanks,
Matt

mattdurrant

mattdurrant
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 15:22

To answer my own question...

CODE
msiexec /p workgroupPatch.msp REINSTALLMODE=vomus COMPADDLOCAL={72BA1F42-0D1C-4AE5-AC3A-9F46F3D3107F} REINSTALL=all

...does the job, where the GUID refers to the new component I had added that contained the new file. REINSTALL=all only reinstalls features that are present in the initial installation.

Matt