This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Multi Version Patch : is it possible ?

3 replies to this topic

nutzzz

nutzzz
  • Full Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 16:26

Hello Everyone,

I have two MSI patches (built with MsiMsp) that update my standard application. However to update the application with the patch 2, I need the patch 1 to be already installed.
I wondered if there is a way to cheat this, by doing some kind of "multi-version" patch that may be applied to both standard and patched application.

Wait some ideas or best solutions ! Thanks ! smile.gif

nutzz

Edited by nutzzz, 24 July 2007 - 09:13.

Gareth at Serif

Gareth at Serif
  • Full Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 17:09

When you create the patch sources you need to define both previous packages as potential sources. I have the exact details if you're ompiling your PCP file using WiX candle and light.

Best of luck,
Gareth

nutzzz

nutzzz
  • Full Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 10:02

Thanks Gareth for your answer. I'm not using WiX. However maybe could you give me some info about the tables (in the PCP) concerning the pervious packages, and what values do they contain.

Thanks again

nutzzz

Gareth at Serif

Gareth at Serif
  • Full Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 12:15

The TargetImages table has several rows, one for each source. The Target is obviously unique, the MsiPath points to the admin extractions of each source, the Upgraded all cross-reference the same target from the UpgradeImages table and the Order columnn is enumerated from oldest source to newest source (1 to 4 in my case).

I hope this helps.