This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

patches with features/subfeatures

2 replies to this topic

simowalooca

simowalooca
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 March 2005 - 21:50

Is there anyway to create patches under Installshield X without building two releases and using the difference as a patch?

I've tried to follow the procedure outlined in this installshield help topic (http://helpnet.insta...tch_install.htm) to create a patch, but it does not work. The patch and the master installation are considered two separate products, despite having the same upgrade code.
btw, giving them the same product code prevents the patch from being installed.

Basically, I have a master installation and I create separate patches with additional features that should appear in the feature list in case the user were to maintain the installation.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Edited by simowalooca, 21 March 2005 - 21:50.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 22 March 2005 - 18:08

These instructions only apply to "Universal" (Java based multi-platform)projects, not to Windows Installer projects. If you don't want to build a new version msi (why don't you?) then your only option is a QuickPatch project (which I believe will create such an updated msi behind the scenes for you)

simowalooca

simowalooca
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 March 2005 - 23:42

How is a quick patch project different from the in-msi project patch creating functionality?