This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Adding Uncompressed Files after Build?

1 reply to this topic

mikelo33

mikelo33
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 June 2002 - 18:50

OK, I figured out the whole CRC thing, but now I want to be able to add files to an uncompressed folder on my CD and have those files be installed also.  Is there any way to do this automatically, or do I have to do an XCopy?

Example:
When I perform a Build, I have an uncompressed folder under the Root of my CD called Images, which contains 40 images.  The day I distribute my CD there are 2 new images which I'd like to add to the directory on the CD and have them installed.  If I simply add the 2 files to the CD without a rebuild, they do not get installed.  

How do I get around this?

Thanks again,
Mike

Ozone

Ozone
  • Full Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 27 September 2002 - 02:37

I had a similar problem with my company’s software package. What I did was to add a function in the install script that looked for a folder in the SRCDIR of the CD. If that folder existed, then the script Xcopied the files to the appropriate folder. You can use multiple subfolders if you need to install to multiple folders on the target machine.

All you need to do is add the folder with the files to the CD when you burn it.

This was a great help for our support department.