This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

DisplayName in Uninstall key

2 replies to this topic

druben

druben
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 March 2002 - 14:58

I'm using a Standard project. We OEM our product to several companies, which means the project is in a generalized state at compile time. The ProductName and other properties are altered using automation after the compile. My problem is that with the Product name becoming something other than the generic (ie. "ExInstall"), I need to be able to change the "DisplayName" within the Uninstall key for the product. Otherwise, "ExInstall" is displayed in the Add/Remove programs applet and a customer will not associate that name to the actual product they've installed. During the OnFirstUIAfter, I placed a call to alter the name after the last dialog is displayed, but the key is not created. I've found that the product Uninstall key is generated after the install has completed entirely. I also did not find a Windows Installer property that would allow the changing of the DisplayName. Any ideas?

Thanks for any help,
D. Ruben
D. Ruben
Legato Systems, Inc.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 16 March 2002 - 08:16

Moved to the Developer - Standard Projects forum

2sha

2sha
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 March 2002 - 22:16

Did you try setting the UNINSTALL_DISPLAYNAME property to the name you'd like to call it?
Try setting that in your OnFirstUIAfter event.